Dr. M. Starita Boyce Ansari is a scholar in the field of philanthropy. She has been recognized by Ford Foundation and W. K. Kellogg Foundation for her research in philanthropy. Dr. Boyce Ansari is a trainer and presenter in the areas of philanthropy, strategic planning, fund development, and program design and evaluation.
Over the past 15 years, Dr. Boyce Ansari has led a range of institutions through periods of growth and revitalization, culminating in organizational advancement, innovative programming and financial stability. One of Starita’s most noted achievements is the creation of a national literacy program for the American Bible Society. Dr. Boyce Ansari also secured, to date, American Bible Society’s largest transformative gift. This work continues to be a leading national program at the American Bible Society.
As Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Cheyney University, Dr. Boyce Ansari raised $41.2 million in capital support. Her success paved the way for Cheyney to build a new science center and residential hall, attract prestigious faculty and a more competitive student body, and increase lasting relationships with individuals, corporations and government.
A champion for social justice, Dr. Boyce Ansari’s dedication and commitment to providing equal access to health care, education and economic opportunity has improved the lives of many. She was an integral part of the W. K Kellogg Build Bridges research team and studied philanthropy in Argentina. She has served as an advisor to an NGO in Liberia and advised Chinese and Latino philanthropists on international philanthropy.
A dynamic and inspirational leader, Dr. Boyce Ansari was selected for the highly prestigious Higher Education Resources (HERS), a program that prepares women for college presidency. She received her Ph.D. from SUNY, Albany in Higher Education Finance. Dr. Boyce Ansari is President and Chief Change Officer at MSBphilanthropy Advisors, LLC.
- Panelist: Meet the Health Grantmakers. Support Center for Nonprofit Management. NYC, NY.
- Higher Education and Corporate Relations. The Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Harrisburg, PA.
- How Do You Measure Return on Investment? Third National Conference on Black Philanthropy. Detroit, MI.
- Strategic Planning for Outreach Ministries. Second Annual Conference on Black Philanthropy. Oakland, CA.
- Finding Volunteers. Assemblies of God. Minneapolis, MN.
- Indicators of Fundraising Effectiveness. Associated Black Charities New York, NY. February
- Community Health Programs for Faith Institutions. American Public Health Association. New York, NY.
- Designing a Church-Based Health Program for Immigrant Teenaged Parents. New York City Task Force, New York, NY.
- Marketing and Fundraising Effectiveness at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. American Educational Research Association. San Francisco, CA.
- Strengthening Institutional Advancement Programs at Historically African American Colleges and Universities. National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education. Washington, DC.
We want to hear from you: Contact Us!
Click here to return to Advisors’ Bios